Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Birthday Resolutions

I forgot to post about new year's resolutions this year. Last year, mine were to 1) floss and 2) be more proactive about making friends. How did I do? On the flossing, not so much. I do try to be more proactive about friends these days, but I honestly think that this resolution is going to be with me for most of my life. I am naturally shy, I have to consciously fight against it.

Since I am just writing about it now (and also haven't done very well at it so far this year), I think I will dub this year's resolution as a Birthday Resolution--really, doesn't it make good sense to make goals for a year of your life just like the calendar year? Anyway, the resolution is to Take More Pictures.

For at least a year I have wanted a DSLR camera. I was in photo class for all 4 years of high school, and absolutely loved it, and as someone with a less-than-stellar memory, I need photos. But how can I spend the $$$ for a DSLR when I rarely remember to bring my point and shoot Canon to parties and events? So if I do well this year with my baby camera, if I take it places and also take pictures of everyday life (which is equally deserving of being captured), then at age 25 I am rewarding myself with a DSLR. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment